The IoT technology has realized Smart habits, connected appliances, computerized machines, and uncrewed cars. Although, in agriculture, the IoT has brought the most significant impact under IoT solutions. Recent statistics reveal that the global population will reach 9.6 billion by 2050. And to sustain this vast population, the agriculture industry is surrounded by acquiring the IoT under IoT solutions.
- Amongst the objections like extreme weather conditions, climatic changes, and environmental impact, IoT is eliminating these challenges and helping us meet the demand for more food under IoT solutions.
- Industrial IoT has been a hidden agenda behind increased agriculture production at a lower price. In the next several years, using Smart solutions powered by IoT will enhance agriculture operations under IoT solutions. A few recent reports tell that the IoT device installation will see a compound annual growth rate of 20% in the agriculture industry under IoT solutions. And the number of connected devices will grow from 13 million in 2014 to 225 million by 2024.
Due to a lack of constant and reliable communication network infrastructure, IoT solutions providers and business owners have faced implementation objections in remote or less developed areas. But many network suppliers are making it possible by introducing satellite connectivity and increasing cellular networks under IoT solutions.
While talking about IoT solutions, akenza.io is the self-service IoT platform, allowing you to build great IoT products and services with value under IoT platforms. It connects, controls, and manages IoT devices in one place.
Akenza.io provides a cloud-based system that connects everyThing to the cloud.
How does IoT increase agriculture efficiency?
- It’s been a long since sensors introduce in agricultural actions. But the issue with the traditional approach of utilizing sensor technology was that we could not get the live data from the sensors under IoT solutions. The sensors were used for logging the data into their attached memory, and later on, we were able to use them under IoT solutions.
- With the presentation of industrial IoT in Agriculture, far more modern sensors are being used. The sensors are now linked to the cloud via a cellular/satellite network under IoT solutions. It lets us know the real-time data from the sensors, making decision-making effective.
- The demands of IoT in agriculture have helped farmers monitor water tank levels in real-time, making the fertilization process more structured under IoT solutions. The development of IoT technology in agriculture operations has brought sensors in every step of the farming procedure, like how much time and resources a seed takes to become a fully-grown vegetable under IoT solutions.
- Internet of Things in Agriculture has become a second wave of the green revolution. It has supported farmers to reduce their costs and increase yields simultaneously by improving their decision-making with accurate data under Smart farming. The advantages the farmers are getting from adapting IoT are dual under IoT solutions.
How does IoT help in Smart farming?
Climate plays a very critical role in farming. And having improper knowledge about the environment and the environment strongly deteriorates the quantity and quality of crop production under IoT solutions.
But IoT solutions allow you to know the real-time weather circumstances. Sensors are situated inside and outside of the agriculture areas. They collect information from the environment, which is used to choose the suitable crops which can rise and keep in the particular climatic conditions under IoT solutions.
The IoT ecosystem comprises sensors that accurately ascertain real-time weather conditions like humidity, rainfall, temperature, and more under Smart farming.
Precision farming is the most popular implementation of IoT in Agriculture. It assembles the farming practice more precisely and is controlled by realizing innovative farming implementations such as livestock tracking, vehicle tracking, field observation, and inventory observation under IoT solutions.
Precision farming aims to analyze the data generated via sensors and react accordingly. Precision farming helps farmers create data with the help of sensors and analyze that information to make intelligent and quick decisions under Smart agriculture.
With the support of Precision Farming, you can analyze soil conditions and other related parameters to increase the operational efficiency under IoT solutions. Not only this, but you can also detect the real-time working conditions of the connected devices to detect water and nutrient levels under IoT solutions.
To create our greenhouses Smart, IoT has enabled weather stations to automatically adjust the climate conditions according to a particular set of instructions under Smart farming. Adopting IoT in Greenhouses has eliminated human intervention, thus making the entire process cost-effective and increasing accuracy simultaneously under IoT solutions.
The standard database system does not have sufficient storage for the data collected from the IoT sensors. Cloud-based data storage and an end-to-end IoT platform are essential under IoT solutions in the Smart agriculture system.
IoT-enabled agriculture has helped implement modern technological solutions to time-tested knowledge. It has helped bridge the gap between production, quality, and quantity yield under Smart farming. Data ingested by obtaining and importing information from the multiple sensors for real-time use or storage in a database ensures swift action and minor crop damage under IoT solutions. With seamless end-to-end intelligent operations and improved business process execution, produce gets processed faster and reaches supermarkets in the quickest time possible under Smart farming.