Does your home or office have an air conditioner that helps you survive the summer season? How do you make sure that your air conditioning system is working properly when you need it the most?
An air conditioning (AC) system is a good investment for those who are in places where heat and humidity become unbearable at certain times of the year. However, just like any other appliance, it can encounter problems. One day, it might just not sufficiently cool the room like before or, worse, totally stop working.
To avoid such situations, you have to know how to take care of your AC system. You have to be aware of the common problems an air conditioner faces and the signs that it needs to be repaired.
Examples of common air conditioner issues
There are many different problems that air conditioning systems can experience. Some examples are:
- Dirty filters and coils – Dust, dirt, grime, and other particles can accumulate in your AC. If not removed, they can prevent the fans, compressor, and other parts from functioning properly and eventually cause them to fail.
- Refrigerant leaks – Having the right amount of refrigerant is key to an AC’s performance and efficiency. Any leaks can cause undercharging, and simply putting in more refrigerant will not fix it.
- Control problems – These can be caused by faulty electrical connections, worn out fan and compressor controls, corrosion, and more.
- Not draining properly – Not properly mounting the AC unit or an object clogging the drain can cause drainage problems in your AC. As a result, water gets trapped inside, causing the evaporator coil and other components to turn to ice.
- Sensor issues – AC systems with a thermostat sensor can have misalignments or displacements, making it hard for the AC to cycle effectively.
Important signs to watch out for
If something is wrong with your air conditioner, it will start acting differently. These signs might seem minor and nothing to be concerned about, but they should not just be ignored or they could make the problem worse and cost you a lot more.
Below are some critical signs that your AC is in need of repairs:
- It starts blowing out warm air.
Check that you have the thermostat set correctly, for example, that it is set to cooling mode or lower than the temperature indoors. If, after that, it still blows warm air, there might be issues in the airflow or compressor.
- The humidity in the room stays at a high level.
AC units should keep humidity levels in the room in a comfortable range. Once it is unable to do so, it might need to be re-calibrated or its evaporator coil might have collected a lot of dust and dirt and requires cleaning.
- There are leaks or water pools around it.
It is common for AC systems to produce condensation. However, if there is leakage or liquid accumulation, that is not a good thing. These are signs that your AC is not working properly.
- It makes unusual noises.
Every time air conditioners are switched on or off, they usually make some low-level sounds. However, if they start buzzing, rattling, hissing, or making loud noises, there might be a loose component, cracked piping, high internal pressure, or other issues.
Finding an air conditioner repair service in Jacksonville Beach
Are you in Jacksonville Beach and need an air conditioner repair service? With the help of the internet, you can find what you are looking for!
By doing a quick search of relevant keywords, such as “best AC repair Jacksonville Beach” or “air conditioning Jacksonville Beach contractor,” you can see what your options are. With your search query of “best AC repair Jacksonville Beach” or “air conditioning Jacksonville Beach contractor,” you can get listings of AC repair services in Jacksonville Beach you can contact for your air conditioner repair needs. Because there are many to choose from, make sure that you do some research to learn more information about their experience, licenses and certifications, services offered, and fees. Reading customer feedback and reviews also helps.