The recipe is sweet, so be warned. It is extremely sweet. The sweet tooth of sweet tooth’s will be satisfied with only a small slice, but as our mother used to say, good things come in small packages or in this case small slices! This is a recipe that we will absolutely make again.
RECIPE FOR EGG CHEESECAKE WITHOUT BAKE CREME
Double Cream, 560 ml
Cream cheese, 360g, full fat
Condensed Nestle Milk 200g
Biscuits 150g Digestive
Cookies in the shape of Golden Oreos, 130g
Caster Sugar 100g
Chop 250g of Galaxy mini Creme Eggs or choose another option. As a result of the mini creme egg shortage, I have substituted mini Galaxy mini oreo, dairy milk, dairy butter, and mini Galaxy instead.
Three Galaxy minicreme eggs, halved
Mini Galaxy 2
For decoration, 50g Milk Chocolate
For decoration, 100g White Chocolate
Food colouring Egg Yellow by Sugar Flair
1) Rub baking paper on an 8-inch round loose bottom tin.
2) The biscuits should be crushed into fine crumbs. Roll those biscuits with a rolling pin, chop them with a food processor, or blitz them with a chopper!
3) The butter should melt on the stove, then remove from the heat. Then add the biscuit crumbs and stir until combined. Pour evenly into the lined tin, press the crumb mixture with the back of a spoon and chill in the refrigerator.
4) You can either chop the mini creme eggs into bite sized chunks or choose another chocolate filling.
5) With a hand mixer, cream the cream cheese, condensed milk, caster sugar, and vanilla.
6) Use a hand mixer to whisk the double cream in a separate bowl until it begins to thicken.
7) Mix the cream cheese with the whipped double cream until combined on a low setting. Mix in the chocolate chunks of the mini creme eggs until they are relatively evenly distributed.
8) Then spoon the mixture on top of the biscuit base, smooth with the back of a spoon, and place in the refrigerator to chill. If you can’t wait to dive into the cheesecake overnight, try leaving it in the fridge for at least 4 – 5 hours.
9) Once the cheesecake has cooled aovernighty for serving, gently remove it from the tin and peel away the baking paper. Slice both Galaxy Caramel eggs and 3 large creme eggs in half. Place the white chocolate in a separate bowl from the milk chocolate. By breaking my chocolate into small pieces and placing it in a bowl, I melt it in the microwave. Stir really well in between 30-second bursts of heating, and repeat the process until smooth. Add Sugar Flair Egg Yellow food coloring to half of the white chocolate and stir to make bright yellowy-orange chocolate that matches the colour of creme egg yolks.
10) Pour the milk, white, and colored chocolates into disposable piping bags, snip the ends off one at a time, and drizzle the chocolates over the cheesecake. The cheesecake has been topped with chocolate lines of each colour, piping them horizontally and vertically, in a haphazard grid pattern. The chocolate sets fairly quickly on chilled cheesecakes, so it’s worthwhile to prepare the creme egg decorations as soon as possible.
11) The eleventh point is a yes! Congratulation You’re such a clever sausage…e… go on, indulge yourself. You deserve it.