Softphone solution in India is becoming popular because it offers much more than desk phones. Softphones for business are making work-from-home easier as they can be used anywhere and at any time. Easy set-up, multilingual features, automation, call recording, labeling contacts, and caller identification are some important features that have helped in making softphones for business very popular. The increase in the number of businesses in India has been shifting to softphone solutions in India as it makes business communication easier and helps in reaching more customers from across the world. The preference for softphone solutions instead of traditional desk phone solutions is growing. A desk phone is a VoIP-enabled telephone that allows the user to transmit voice signals in digital packets through the internet, by using Ethernet or fiber optic cables in place of legacy phone lines. Desk phone needs maintenance charge, infrastructural investment, and manual labor and thus is less economical and time-consuming. It is also not market research-friendly as recording feedback needs added time, money, and other resources.
A softphone solution is a software application that can be installed in any electronic communication device like smartphones, tablets, computers, etc. It connects the devices to a VoIP network and enables them to make phone calls using the internet. The softphone for business impersonates the desk phones with a phone interface on the computer, displays a dial pad, and also comes with the options of mute, hold and transfer of calls. Softphone for business offers the option for video calling, conferencing, visual voicemail management, chat, SMS, and much more. Many softphone solution providers offer VoIP softphones along with Web Real-time Communication (WebRTC) and Multi-Protocol Lebel Switching (MPLS) solutions that can be used by a business as per their needs.
Using a softphone for business can add innumerable benefits and helps in the growth acceleration of the business. Some of the important and efficient usages of softphone solutions in business are:
- Enhance customer service: A softphone solution offers better voice quality delivery to customers via the internet. The seamless connectivity ensures the reduction of noise and other disturbances. Thus guaranteeing communication and service delivery without any barrier.
- Scalable: It is easily scalable due to the advanced cloud-based technology. It does not require added investment or infrastructure for upgradation.
- Economical: It is economical as the software can be upgraded with ease. It does not require space for setup and eliminates infrastructural investment. The prices are flexible and a business can choose the low-cost solution as per the need of the business from several providers. It can be easily installed on a laptop/desktop/mobile phone with just an internet connection.
- Security: It addresses security concerns as the softphone manages to call operations through secured VPN access.
- Provide workforce productivity: Softphone enables the workforce the flexibility to work from any place without any trouble. It also reduces manual work as it comes with an easy multilingual feature, automation call, call recording, labeling contacts, caller identification, etc.
- Call control: Softphone solution offers queue to calls with mute, hold and warm transfer, queue call back, and voicemail features during customer’s wait time. It values customers’ time and also enhances service satisfaction.
- PSTN and Normal call lines: Softphones for business provides call operations that can use either on the internet or PSTN. Flexibility is essential for helping a business to function with any line of connectivity.
- Real-time dashboard: A business with softphones can view interactions in real-time to call; whisper, barge, and snoop-in enhance customer interactions. A real-time dashboard helps a business record call information that can be used for marketing strategies, brand advertisement, and as tools for business surveys.
- Call recording: Softphones provide access to call recording that can be used for training, and marketing strategies and also works as evidence of better customer service.
- Call center metric: A business with softphones can custom filters to measure customer satisfaction, and agents’ performance to improve productivity.
- Call termination on SU/UI: Softphones allow terminating all inbound customer calls on the SR/UI panel from a laptop or desktop.
Knowlarity communications is a cloud-based telephony company in Asia that is one of the leading softphone solution providers. It is one of the most trusted and popular cloud telephony providers that offer services to 12,000 firms from 60 countries of the world. Knowlarity is also one of the popular softphone solution providers of VoIP services with a softphone. It helps businesses with real-time dashboards along with call metrics recording.